Friday, May 22, 2015

Flotsam 3 : My Personal Struggle and triumph over floaters

During my period of floater investigation I came across some scholarly web sites that recommended that I ignore the floaters and that they would eventually go away. Other sites suggested that that the floaters would get less with time and that with old age, they may even completely disappear. The advice on these websites held some grains of truth in them but they failed to convince or satisfy me. The more I worried about these floaters, the more they seemed to dominate my vision. The more they stressed me out, the more stressed I became and the more clearly they appeared. I even downloaded a program to simulate the floaters on my computer screen and to track them. I figured that if I recorded their shape and positions, I would be able to tell if my condition was getting any worse. I spent hours describing what floaters were to anyone who would listen and to friends who had no clue what I was talking about. I enjoyed sharing my frustration with others who had floaters of their own, which allowed us to commiserate together over the fact that there was no cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment