Friday, May 22, 2015

Flotsam 2: My Personal Struggle and triumph over floaters

Over the next weeks and months the floater family became more frequent visitors and a horrible distraction which I began to resent intensely. Sitting in my office trying to come up with a solution to a pending work problem often ended up with me conducting an analysis of the floating cobwebs that plagued me. I studied the way they looked and the way they floated and moved across my vision. A walk on beautiful summers day was ruined by these persistent grey floating strings. Hours of googling on my laptop in search of a cure produced nothing. I was disgusted by the number of scam sights designed to take money from those desperate to rid themselves form these unwelcome guests. I was determined to get rid of these floaters, reading every website that offered some faint hope. I even contacted a eye surgeon that used a laser to break up the larger floaters in a risky bid to lessen their pesky visual affects. Tempting as it was, the risks of laser treatment was just too high when weighed up with the fact that floaters, although unpleasant, was actually a benign condition that didn't pose any serious health risk. But my quest continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment